Jobs in the Workshop
Copywriting Focussed Brand Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Director
To apply: Please email:
with CV and covering letter and examples of work
Application deadline: 31st December 2014
The Finisterre Marketing Department is the engine house behind the Finisterre brand. We focus on delivering content via storytelling, imagery and film across all marketing channels and our single goal is to promote the cold water surf category through these assets.
Finisterre is looking for someone who is dynamic and well organised and has a way with words. The ideal candidate will have been a contributing writer for a series of different action sports and creative magazines and will have managed, edited and executed the delivery of content across multi-channels. They will have had direct experience working within a lifestyle clothing brand.
Reporting to the Brand Director & Global Marketing Manager, the Brand Manager will be responsible for building content around creative direction and content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms to drive engagement and sales. The Brand Manager will work collaboratively with the Brand Director on developing creative storytelling around the Finisterre brand for all marketing channels, as well as working with the Global Marketing Manager to formulate well planned strategies across all marketing channels. They should be well organised, proactive, creative and most importantly, have the ability to write short, catchy, clever lines as well as more detailed-orientated copy.
- Work with the rest of the Marketing Department to source, develop and manage a content calendar built around seasonal marketing strategies and deliver this across multiple channels, including social media, email, blog and website.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice. Promotion of the brand’s assets should always be at the heart of the content produced.
- Create and write a sales focused/content rich newsletter, tailored around buying behaviour and weekly sales targets
- Help establish work flow for initiating, creating, editing, publishing, and executing content
- Deliver concise and action orientated reporting on channel performance.
- Work directly with the Brand Director to build the people around the world of cold water surfing i.e. photographers, surfers and film makers and manage them in order to maintain a high level of interaction and content flow from them.
- Honours degree in relevant subject.
- At least two years’ experience as a marketing copywriter
- One or more years of marketing communications/brand experience
- A passion for the English language and grammar, with exceptional communication skills (writing samples required).
- Self-motivated, organised and enthusiastic, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A strong portfolio of copywriting work, demonstrating expertise in brand positioning and messaging including blogs and social media.
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Exposure or expertise in the marketing services industry.
- Working knowledge of CRM, content marketing platforms (Campaign Monitor, Dotmailer, Mail Rocket etc.) and a strong understanding of Google Analytics.