Jobs in the Workshop
Reporting to:Buying & Sourcing Director
Liasing with:Buying Team, Web Commerce Manager & Finance Manager
To apply: Please email: with CV and covering letter
Application deadline: 30th May 2014
Salary and Location: £25k, Cornwall
Finisterre is fast growing, award winning, cold water surf brand, committed to making innovative products for cold water surfers around the world. The business model today is predominantly online, with a few key retail locations. This is something we are looking to replicate moving forward, whilst extending our reach through more retail presence and wholesale (including overseas). The brand is now entering an exciting stage of growth and we are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic merchandiser to get involved with the effective management of product in our business. The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years PQE, have a passion for numbers and product, be a strong communicator and be willing to roll up sleeves and get stuck in. It’s a fun place to work.
To maximise sales through effective range planning and the control of stock, margin, markdown, cover and intake in line with the company objectives.
- Historical data analysis to establish the seasonal structure, including options plan for the season and price architecture.
- Forecasts margin / stock commitment and report to Buying & Sourcing Director / Managing Director.
- Works in partnership with the Buying Team to:
- jointly agree the seasonal direction
- manage the critical path.
- Reviews and agrees proposals with the Buying & Sourcing Director prior to presentation to the Managing Director.
- Presents the seasonal strategy to the Managing Director.
- Plan and deliver the department strategy with the Buying & Sourcing Director
- Effective WSSI control – planning and forecasting sales, stock, cover, stock turn and profit
- Mark down planning and management
- Maintains awareness of current market trends, business opportunities, risks etc, and makes recommendations, keeping all relevant people informed at all times
- Ensures the most appropriate analysis used to guide the Buying Team.
- Manages the open to buy
- Work with the Buying Team to ensure the supplier base is controlled and developed, analysing the recommendations from their team about current and future suppliers
- Ensuring their own relationships with key suppliers is optimised through regular liaison / visits
- Work with the Buying Team to ensure the range is being bought on a continuous basis
- Forecast the product rankings
- Action issues raised in the weekly Trading Meetings
Store & Web planning
- To work with the Store Manager(s) and Web Commerce Manager to develop the range plan and activity plan for each channel
- To review each store’s (including web) product mix to maximise sales
- Maintain and publish key commercial documentation (including daily sales, weekly sales, regular management summary of sales, margin, stock and commitment, OTB and trigger dates and ad hoc attribute reporting)
Managing in season
- Work with the Buying Team to react to the market in season, buying into opportunities and reducing risk; renegotiating terms, cancelling stock where necessary
- Make regular and productive contact with Regional Controllers, keeping them informed about range direction and development, noting changes to layout etc where appropriate
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of individual store performance and take appropriate action
- Review and agree the reforecast of sales, liaising with the Sourcing & Buying Director, Managing Director & Finance Manager on a regular basis
- To issue and monitor promotions and end of season markdowns to ensure that these generate levels of sales and profit required within the markdown parameters
- Control, Maintain and develop the supplier base on an ongoing basis in order to ensure the supplier base meets your departmental needs.
- To ensure that they are in close contact with the store(s), web, and franchise partners so they are aware of their requirements and product needs
- To accurately forecast weekly intake and feed this information to the Buying & Sourcing Director.
- Participate in any other activities or carry out any other duties that may be outside the general remit, which will benefit the individual or business as a whole.
Copywriting Focussed Brand Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Director
To apply: Please email: with CV and covering letter and examples of work
Application deadline: 30th May 2014
The Finisterre Marketing Department is the engine house behind the Finisterre brand. We focus on delivering content via storytelling, imagery and film across all marketing channels and our single goal is to promote the cold water surf category through these assets.
Finisterre is looking for someone who is dynamic and well organised and has a way with words. The ideal candidate will have been a contributing writer for a series of different action sports and creative magazines and will have managed, edited and executed the delivery of content across multi-channels. They will have had direct experience working within a lifestyle clothing brand.
Reporting to the Brand Director & Global Marketing Manager, the Brand Manager will be responsible for building content around creative direction and content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms to drive engagement and sales. The Brand Manager will work collaboratively with the Brand Director on developing creative storytelling around the Finisterre brand for all marketing channels, as well as working with the Global Marketing Manager to formulate well planned strategies across all marketing channels. They should be well organised, proactive, creative and most importantly, have the ability to write short, catchy, clever lines as well as more detailed-orientated copy.
- Work with the rest of the Marketing Department to source, develop and manage a content calendar built around seasonal marketing strategies and deliver this across multiple channels, including social media, email, blog and website.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice. Promotion of the brand’s assets should always be at the heart of the content produced.
- Create and write a sales focused/content rich newsletter, tailored around buying behaviour and weekly sales targets
- Help establish work flow for initiating, creating, editing, publishing, and executing content
- Deliver concise and action orientated reporting on channel performance.
- Work directly with the Brand Director to build the people around the world of cold water surfing i.e. photographers, surfers and film makers and manage them in order to maintain a high level of interaction and content flow from them.
- Honours degree in relevant subject.
- At least two years’ experience as a marketing copywriter
- One or more years of marketing communications/brand experience
- A passion for the English language and grammar, with exceptional communication skills (writing samples required).
- Self-motivated, organised and enthusiastic, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A strong portfolio of copywriting work, demonstrating expertise in brand positioning and messaging including blogs and social media.
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Exposure or expertise in the marketing services industry.
- Working knowledge of CRM, content marketing platforms (Campaign Monitor, Dotmailer, Mail Rocket etc.) and a strong understanding of Google Analytics.