Jobs in the Workshop
Digital Communications Manager - Junior Level
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
To apply: Please email:
with CV and covering letter and examples of work
Application deadline: 10th November 2014
We have a vision here at Finisterre - to promote cold water surfing, build products for it and lead in both.
We are looking for a Digital Communications Manager to join our marketing department. You will work directly with our brand director, head of marketing, graphic designer and merchandiser in order to develop and execute our marketing and trading plans. You'll do this through the distribution of brand and product content through our own digital channels: Newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr.
Our main channel in driving traffic and sales is our newsletter. You will be responsible for the content of these mail outs and who receives them. Using the most progressive techniques and software you will evolve our CRM strategy, ensuring that more relevant and tailored messages are going out to specific segments of our customer base and following. This will take an analytical and attention to detail approach with an interest in engaging a passionate following.
Responsible for managing strategic and reactionary content on our 4 social channels you will posses the ability to produce catchy content to support images, product and creative direction. You will be in charge of taking the marketing strategy and weekly trading updates and applying it to a social strategy, with focus on engagement, site traffic and follower growth.
Growth, Copy and Reporting:
You will be directly in charge of creating and implementing growth strategies for all these channels to ensure that sign-ups, interactions, product awareness and key trading metrics are increasing. In order to do this job, you will also have to bring an articulate way with words to the table, you will learn our house style and posses a strong grasp of spelling and grammer. You will be highly organised and see plans of your and from the team through, with measurable results to report.
- Manage the distribution of content across all digital channels and in line with the marketing strategy and plan.
- Work with the head of marketing and brand director to plan and execute seasonal product launches.
- Responsible for evolving the CRM and newsletter strategy to ensure relevant messages are going to specific segments of customers and propspective customers.
- Responsible for producing engaging content throughout our social channels on a daily basis and keeping up to date with regular content from our athletes.
- Responsible for reporting on all channels – Newsletter and Social weekly, as well as putting all findings together for quarterly marketing meetings.
- Work closely with the graphic design department to ensure all creative is distributed accordingly.
- Understand our house style, in order to articulate all online channel campaigns.
- Define and execute strategies to grow the overall audience and drive sales, interactions and sign-up/likes and follows through all digital channels.
- Admin and marketing related email enquires.
- Marketing related degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in online marketing/sales field
- Must have CRM, e-marketing and social media experience in an e-commerce business with a proven track record of increasing traffic/sales through these channels and strategies in growing their followings.
- Exceptional copy writing skills.
- Strong organisational project management skills.
- Passion for cold water surfing.