Read Product Reviews
100% merino is BEST
Review by Claire
I discovered Eddy Longline some years ago and have ben a fan of the 100% merino content ever since. I bought the first for my husband who is a long distance cyclist. He did Paris-Brest-Paris in 2011 in under 55 hours wearing his Eddy Longline throughout. The vest took standing at the start for 3 hours in temperatures of 40C, and kept him going in a thunderstorm when they huddled under an exposure blanket. When he finished the event it was swilled out quickly in a hotel sink and we spent a week with it travelling around France and we were able to share a hotel room with it. It didn't smell!!
When it got home, it went through the washing machine and came out like it was new. Since then it's probably been worn and washed most weeks and it still looks like it did when it came out of the packet. This was a 100% merino vest. It has retained its shape and colour. It never, ever smells. We wash with Ecover powder or washing balls (Lakeland). It is line dried.
I have had several since and all have performed exactly the same. I chose it because it was 100% merino. It doesn't need nylon. I want 100% merino. I am happy to pay for 100% merino. Finisterre you've made your name on 100% merino - please reinstate the Eddy Longline in its traditional form!!!
Go to base layer.
Review by Alex
- Used the long and short sleeve eddy for a year now. Taken it out on many a cold days including a couple of climbing trips. Really reliable thin base layer that also looks great with a pair of jeans. Could do with being longer in the body for better coverage and i like to roll the sleeves up and they loose their elasticity after a while which is a shame (100% merino seemed to get its elasticity back after being washed). All in all another great product from finisterre.
Why have you changed it?
Review by Roxalana
As a paramedic I am out & about in all winds & weathers.
I was introduced to the 100% merino eddy by a friend a few years ago & I now have 2 short-sleeved & 4 long-sleeved which I wear under my uniform on all but the sunniest of days.
Recently I noticed you'd changed the fabric & it's now only 80% merino.
This 'cheapening' of the most perfect garment ever is sooooo sad.
I have 2 of the 80% merino long-sleeved eddys. Lovely colours, but they feel thinner, they feel shorter in both sleeve & body & the sleeves do not hug the wrist in the same way once they have been pulled up & down the arms a few times - I have to be 'bare below the elbows' whilst I'm with a patient, so they are up & down all the time.
The 100% merino cuffs don't go baggy -
Please, please, please go back to your 100% merino.
Superb piece of kit
Review by James
- Recently returned from road-testing my new Eddy in Nepal. Walked in it, slept in, did everything in it. Whether climbing in the warmth of the day or keeping warm in the sleeping bag in the sub-zero night, the Eddy stayed on my body the whole time. It doesn't smell, it doesn't itch: the proverbial second skin. Can't recommend it highly enough. Buy one!
Forget the 'lifestyle' thing!!
Review by Stevie
- Was introduced to the Eddy merino long sleeve and long johns a few years ago now and absolutely swear by them!! When working at Liverpool Docks in the scrap metal trade, nothing keeps the icy chill of the Irish sea out than these little fellas!! Guys at Finisterre - you all deserve the Victoria Cross!! Well Done!! XX
Classy piece of Merino
Review by Rob
I'm a big fan of merino and this is the second Eddy I've owned. The fabric itself has improved - both in performance and feel. The weight is just right and has a lot of quality.
Merino is the real deal for keeping you warm when you need it and cool when you need that, its almost spooky! When it's really cold you need one of these things - they even do their job under a wetsuit (bodysurfing in the depth of winter, you notice something like that).
The Finisterre crew rock, absolute great bunch who are making a quality product, always going the extra mile and making the world just a better place to exist in.
If I was to get it cut to personal specifications (if I was King...) I would go for a little extra length even though I'm short, but I might be pushing into a medium and I'm weird on that area...other than that - classy piece.
Review by Nick
- I stumbled across the Eddy a few years back and have developed something of an addiction to them. The fit is perfect and the merino is just fabulous next to your skin, using some dark magic to keep you cool or warm as required. I have a pile of them - and pretty much live in them - but could probably get away with just having one or two because they go for ages without needing a wash.
Quality Merino Base Layer
Review by JC
- Basically an excellent base layer at an excellent price compared to more expensive products on the market. Runs true to size and has excellent breathability of hill walking, climbing and whatever the Scottish weather throws at us. You can't afford not to have one of these of you love the great outdoors!
Comfortable, warm, great performer.
Review by RichB
- Love these tops just bought my 2nd one this year as I've had one for few years now but showing very few signs of wear. Great base layer to wear when the weather turns chilly for running or your heading off on ski trips or even just a great tee shirt to put on after a cold winter surf. Really comfortable and warm better than all other base layers I've tried.
Epic bit of kit - big love for the performance!
Review by lucaclare
- Absolutely love this top can be worn for days without humming, worn it after winter surfs; for running after hill running and never let me down feels the boss looks the boss! cheers Finisterre